Construction projects large and small can be complex, with many moving parts and a construction manager serves as a valuable member of the team during the design and construction of the project.
Construction Manager/General Contractor is a project delivery method where the CM/GC provides preconstruction expertise including cost estimating, value engineering, subcontractor prequalification and scheduling. During the construction phase of the project, the CM/GC coordinates all construction activities.
The benefit of an independent team of professionals managing the project is enormous. A construction manager will:
- Reduce overall project costs. Savings include enhanced competitive bidding, contract negotiation, value engineering, reduced change orders, reduction in time and elimination of unnecessary scope and cost.
- Centralize communication, acting as project liaison to fully and seamlessly integrate all participants.
- Advise the owner on retention of the best qualified and appropriate subcontractors.
- Enhance quality control to reduce potential for defects and poor workmanship.
- Provide realistic and reliable budgets.
- Optimize and accelerate the design and construction schedule.
- Provide an open book unlike what is available in the design-bid-build process.
- Provide management expertise, applying resources wherever needed.
The earlier a construction manager is retained, the better. At Kinco, we focus on delivering value by identifying your goals relative to budget and ensuring their timely delivery.
All projects are different and the best delivery method for each project is unique to that project. Kinco has experience with all delivery methods and we are happy to provide consultation as you decide which delivery method is best for your specific project.