University of Arkansas
The most recognizable structure and focal point of the University of Arkansas campus. Built in 1875 and located in the campus Historic District, Old Main is the oldest building on campus and is listed on the National Register of Historic Places. The north and south tower cedar shake roofs were removed and replaced with slate tile. Slate was also repaired on mansard roof. Great care was taken to restore this historic structure to its original grandeur. All mortar was removed and replaced with lime mortar which was used in the original construction. Original brick was reused to repair exterior brick finish and vintage wood was sourced for wood work repairs of exterior cornices on the towers and east elevation. Installation of precast clock faces and relocation of the original bell completed this high profile project.