Location

Little Rock, Arkansas

Architect

WER Architects

Owner

Garland Elementary

Originally constructed in 1922, Garland Elementary was built to replace the original wood structure school built in 1879 and destroyed by fire in 1920.  The restoration of this historic 38,716 square foot building allowed Kinco to utilize it’s skilled self-perform craftsmanship while restoring fine details such as wood trim and doors.  In addition, the project required extensive coordination efforts between Kinco, WER Architects and the owner to make certain we were accomplishing the historic restoration goals of the project, while converting the space to a modern and efficient school facility.